Before you purchasing, you might want to check out these tips which might help you save times and money.
1. Try to figure out the source water quality. Ask your local water supplier for the water quality testing report. Send some water to a testing organization. The BPA, heavy metal ion are the mainly pollution your should concern.
2. The household RO membranes are made by plastic. All these plastics are harmless to human and animals.
RO membranes are typically either cellulose acetate or polysulfone coated with aromatic polyamides3. NF membranes are made from cellulose acetate blends or polyamide composites like the RO membranes, or they could be modified forms of UF membranes such as sulfonated polysulfone10. — Fundamentals of Membranes for Water Treatment
3. Hard water. Most underground water is the so called hard water. It will reduce the service time of RO membrane, and harmful to skin, fabric and water equipments and parts.
4. Under-sink space. The Tankless RO system PG-400-AZ is not a big device, Length: 44cm(17.3in), width: 17cm(3.5in), height: 47cm(18.5in). Please make sure your kitchen undersink or the ideal place got enough space. Most of people don’t aware that the accessories included in the box which could helps hanging the system on the wall.
5. The attached free faucet is necessary. The dual water mode, pure water and primary filtrated water, is depending on this faucet. Therefore, a hole on the sink is required. Some of the stainless steel sink got 2 holes, one for the tap water faucet, you don’t need to do anything on that; one for the soap dispenser which you can insert the RO system faucet in it, and the diameter of the hole should be bigger than 3.2cm(1.26in).
6. The diameter of tap water pipe under your house kitchen. The common pipes are 16mm-3/8″ tube and 20mm-1/2″tube. The diameter of the attached inlet source water valve is 20mm-1/2″tube. So if your kitchen pipe is 16mm-3/8″ tube, please inquire a plumber to know which adapter you should get.
7. The drain water. It’s useless due to the tds reading of the drain water is very high. Base on the quality of tap water in different house, the capatity of drain water is different. Some attached accessories are getting the RO system a drain water tube. But if your want to save the drain water, we couldn’t help and provide any solutions for this idea.
8. Certifications. We don’t have any certifucation on PG-400-AZ. The core component is RO membrane for every RO systems. And the RO membrane of PG-400-AZ is made by DOW material, which was certificated by NSF. As long as the TDS reading of pure water is under 40ppm, the RO system whom made them will be good.
9. What’s the TDS reading?
Total Dissolved Solids is a measure of the dissolved combined content of all inorganic and organic substances present in a liquid in molecular, ionized, or micro-granular (colloidal sol) suspended form. TDS concentrations are often reported in parts per million (ppm). Water TDS concentrations can be determined using a digital meter. — Wikipedia
40ppm tds reading water means: There are 40mg(0.0014oz) non-water substance in 1L(0.22gal) water.